Greek Quinoa Salad

Friday, May 7, 2010


Since the first time I made quinoa, I just can't get enough of it.  Its so easy and you could probably make it into any sort of salad you want.  Today, I'll be sharing my Greek version.  Enjoy!

Greek Quinoa Salad
Source:  adapted from Iowa Girl Eats

Ingredients:
1 cup dry quinoa, prepared as directed on box
1 jar roasted red peppers, chopped
1 cucumber, chopped
1/4 red onion, diced
2 Tablespoons capers
1 lemon, juiced (I only used half of a lemon's juice)
4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Dash of dried thyme
Dash of dried oregano
Salt & pepper
Spinach
Feta Cheese

Directions:
1. Prepare quinoa as directed on box.

2. Meanwhile, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper in a small bowl.

3. Toss cooked quinoa with chopped roasted red peppers, cucumber, red onion and capers. Pour in dressing and toss to coat.

4. Serve quinoa over a bed of spinach. Top with feta cheese.

4 comments:

  1. my mom made a similar version this past weekend and it was delish! i will be sure to share this recipe with her as well

    http://dailymixla.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. make me some, Mae Mae

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a batch of this last night for dinner and LOVED it - so excited for lunch the rest of the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obsessed with this recipe (thanks, Sarah!) - it's just soooo good. Currently hunting down any/all quinoa recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger