Graham Cracker S'mores Cookies

Wednesday, April 20, 2011


As I mentioned in my post on Monday, I spent a little time baking this past weekend.  I still can't eat sweets BUT I was simply just in the mood to bake.  I have seen so many varieties of S'mores Cookies but this was the first that I've seen with an actual layer of graham crackers -- GENIUS.  Based on the feedback I received, I will be making these for many occasions this summer (if summer ever makes it to Chicago).

Ready for baking!

Fresh out of the oven

Graham Cracker S'mores Cookies
Source: adapted from Always with Butter
Yields: 24 squares

Ingredients
12 sheets of graham crackers (or 24 squares) -- you may need more depending on the size of your cookie sheet
2/3 cup butter (approximately 10 3/4 tablespoons)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 12 ounce package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup miniature marshmallows
1 cup chopped dark chocolate (or 3 Hershey candy bars broken into pieces)

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.  Line a baking sheet (I used a cookie sheet) with parchment paper and lay out graham cracker squares on parchment paper.

Sift flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.  Set aside.

Cream butter and sugars using the paddle attachment of a standing mixer.  Add eggs and vanilla, beating until blended.  Gradually add flour mixture, blending just until combined.  Stir in chocolate chips and marshmallows.

Place large balls of dough on top of graham crackers.  I used a medium cookie scoop.

Bake for 5 minutes.  Remove from oven and press Hershey pieces or dark chocolate chunks on top of cookie dough.  I used a spatula to press the chocolate down into the dough.  Bake for 5 to 7 more minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Maggie - I admire your self control. I would NEVER be able to bake something like this and not eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these look incredible! I've made s'mores bars and s'mores cookies, but I must compare your delicious recipe to them :)

    ReplyDelete

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger