BYO Italian anyone?

Friday, July 9, 2010

I recently moved to the vibrant Lakeview neighborhood in Chicago - a hub known for it's plethora of BYO's. For those not familiar to this concept, the windy city is full of phenomenal restaurants that allow you to bring your own drinks. And, the best part is, these quaint BYO's serve some of the best food I've ever had at a fraction of the cost you would expect from the quality of food served. Case and point, Adesso. I tried this gem last year and have been going back since. And how convenient that I live a mere five minute walk away now...

Adesso, which means "now" in Italian, prides itself on the present (hence the name), serving traditional Italian cuisine with a modern twist, all while using only the freshest ingredients. I typically go for their Antipasti and Insalate (take my word for it and try the Bruschetta Adesso), but I was looking for something extra special when I joined a group of friends on my birthday here. My eyes immediately fell on the Carbonata di Cistine di Manzo, or the Braised Short Ribs with Creamy Polenta.




And the dish didn't disappoint. If you like tender, fall-off-the-bone meat, this is your dish. Everything about it just melded together and melted in my mouth. If meat's not your thing, there is plenty of other alternatives on the menu. I haven't had a bad meal yet! Seafood lovers - one word, Ciopino.
All this talk of Adesso, oy, I need to have it NOW! No pun intended ;) OK, yes, it was.... Thank goodness I live so close. Caio!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger