Cake Mix Cookies

Friday, July 9, 2010

 

 Easy Easy Easy!!!  You can whip these yummy cookies up in no time and in any variety you want.  These cookies are very soft and taste just like cake!  The recipe comes from an old family cookbook, The Schlater Cookbook, that my mom put together a long time ago.  This particular recipe comes from Delores Peltier, who my mom happens to have her middle namesake from!  

I used chocolate cake mix and added peanut butter chips because I happened to have both of those things in my pantry.  You could also make 'birthday cake' cookies and use funfetti cake mix and put sprinkles on top.  My mom said that my Grandma used to use spice cake mix.; those would be good with a cinnamon glaze on top.  You can use any cake mix you like and add chips, nuts or any glaze you want.  Get creative with your combinations and let me know what you come up with!


 

Cake Mix Cookies
Source: The Schlater Family Cookbook
Yields about 40 cookies

Ingredients
1 package cake mix
1 stick butter, very soft
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions
Mix all ingredients in bowl with hand mixer until smooth.  Scoop tablespoons of dough and roll into balls.  Place on parchment-lined baking sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
(I found that the easiest way to add chips is when you scoop the tablespoon of dough, add a few chips in before rolling dough into ball.  The batter is too thick to try and stir chips in.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger