Family Reunion

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The whole Schlater clan was reunited (minus a few and we missed you!!) a few weekends ago in Columbus for a little summer family reunion.  This is quite a feat considering some traveled from as far as Hawaii, Florida, Atlanta and South Carolina.  Since my parents' were kind enough to host this gathering, we felt it was our responsibility to make sure everyone enjoyed some good food and drink :)  We put ourselves in charge of desserts (of course) and thought we'd also add an appetizer and drink to the menu.

All of these recipes will be posted in the coming weeks.

First, we mixed up a refreshing vodka lemonade mixer.




Next, we thought this Peanut Snack Mix would be great for people to snack on before dinner was served.


These Tomato and Cucumber Bruschetta Cups caught my eye on Brown Eyed Baker.  They are such an EASY appetizer to throw together and great for summer (as long as you have a place to refrigerate them before serving!).  


I think half of these Lemon Drop Cookies were gone before we even started dinner.  As soon as I saw this recipe, I knew I would love them but they exceeded my expectations.  I'm trying to find an excuse to make them again.



My mom insisted we make something with chocolate.  It is a good thing I made these Brownie Peanut Butter Cups because everyone raved about them.  Everyone always seems to be impressed by these little treats but I promise, they are so easy!


Molly made her favorite Lemon-Scented Blueberry Cupcakes.  Aren't they adorable?  I finally had the opportunity to try these for the first time and LOVED.



Watch for these recipes in the next few weeks.  If you have any favorite appetizer or dessert recipes to serve at summer gatherings, we'd love to hear from you!

2 comments:

  1. It was a wonderful day and thanks for all of your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for making the brownie peanut butter cups for me! they were delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger