Jalapeno Popper Dip

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

This recipe was too good not to post, BUT I don't have any pictures... it was gone fast!  I have a love for all things spicy, so I knew I had to make this dip from the moment I found it on Closet Cooking.  I chose to use mild jalapeno peppers but next time I will definitely go with hot.  I also altered the recipe based on what I had in my kitchen (adding a red pepper and using regular bread crumbs) so it can easily be modified.  I will add pictures next time I make it and I'm guessing that will be sometime in the VERY near future.

Jalapeno Popper Dip

source: adapted from Closet Cooking

Ingredients:
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (room temperature)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
1/2 cup shredded parmesan
1 (11 ounce) jar sliced jalapenos (pickled)
2 jalapeno peppers (chopped, optional)
1 whole red pepper (diced, optional)
1/4 cup bread crumbs (the original recipe called for panko bread crumbs)
1/4 cup shredded parmesan

Directions:
1. Mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheddar cheese, parmesan, jalapeno peppers and red pepper in a bowl and pour into a baking dish.
2. Mix the bread crumbs and 1/4 cup parmesan and sprinkle over the dip.
3. Bake at 375F until bubbling on the sides and golden brown on top, about 10-20 minutes.

1 comments:

  1. Do you do anything but bake and cook! That's all you've done since we left Ohio for sunny AZ..........

    ReplyDelete

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger