Grape, Blue Cheese, and Walnut Pizza

Wednesday, May 4, 2011


I'm baack!!  Sorry I have been MIA for a while; I was busy traveling then busy wrapping up my Master's program with a lot of projects.  But that's all done now so I'm back to blogging!

My mom got me this cookbook, Cooking Light: fresh food fast, for Easter and it is by far the best cookbook I have ever read.  Every single recipe looks delicious, they are all fast and have minimal ingredient lists; perfect!  Whenever I get a cookbook I look through everything and tab all of the recipes that I want to make...well I got a quarter of the way through this book and realized I had tabbed every single recipe!


I was visiting my mom this weekend and we decided to make this amazing pizza for dinner.  The combination of ingredients works perfectly together.  The grapes have a totally different flavor after they're cooked that I can't quite pinpoint, all I know was that is was delicious!  I highly recommend this light, fun pizza with a glass of wine for the summer!

**keep in mind that this recipe yields one mini pizza

Grape, Blue Cheese, and Walnut PizzaSource: Cooking Light, Fresh Food Fast
Yields 1 serving

Ingredients
1 (2.8-ounce) whole wheat flatbread (such as Flatout Harvest Wheat)
3/4 cup seedless red grapes, halved
2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 cup arugula leaves

Directions
Preheat oven to 375°.

Place flatbread on rack in oven; bake at 375° for 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove flatbread from oven; top with grapes, cheese, and walnuts. Place flatbread back on rack in oven; bake 5 minutes or until cheese melts and crust is browned.

While pizza bakes, bring vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan. Boil 1 minute or until vinegar thickens and reduces to about 1/2 tablespoon. Top pizza with arugula; drizzle with balsamic syrup. Serve immediately.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger