White Bean Dip with Pine Nuts

Friday, July 1, 2011


I love hummus.  I love it even more when I find a variation -- such as this white bean dip or this roasted red pepper and white bean dip.  Garlic and pine nuts -- you really can't go wrong with the combination, if you ask me.  This "dip" is so versatile -- I used it as a "dressing" on a salad, ate it straight from the bowl with pitas and veggies and I even came across the idea to use it as the sauce for a pizza (genius!).

It wasn't until about two weeks ago that I purchased a food processor.  (Yes, I have lived without a food processor for this long.  I'm not sure how?)  I can assure you I will be using it all the time.  I have an entire list of things that I can't wait to make.  If you have any suggestions, send them my way!


White Bean Dip with Pine Nuts
Yields:  8 servings
Prep Time:  10 minutes Total Time:  2 hours and 10 minutes
Source:  adapted from allrecipes

Ingredients
2 tablespoons pine nuts
2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
1 (15 ounce) can of Great Northern beans
2 cloves garlic, cut in half
1 teaspoon lime juice
salt and pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil

Directions
Place the pine nuts, basil, and oregano into a food processor. Cover, and pulse 2 or 3 times to finely grind the nuts. 

Add beans and garlic; process until smooth, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.  Add the lime juice, salt and pepper, and pulse 2 to 3 times until mixture is smooth and spreadable. 

With the food processor running, drizzle the oil into the dip. If mixture becomes too thick, add a tablespoon of water at a time until the dip is the right consistency.

Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight to blend the flavors before serving.

1 comments:

  1. great dip! I served with carrots and pita chips and brought to a potluck at work. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger