The Best of 2010 - from Maggie

Monday, January 3, 2011

I hope everyone had a great weekend ringing in the New Year!  Its been a great year for us and we have so much to be thankful for.  We are looking forward great things in 2011!

My year in review... started this blog, a few trips to South Carolina, new apartment, new job, family trip to Alaska, my first triathlon, celebrated my Golden birthday, my first trip to NYC, road trip to Iowa to see a Buckeye WIN, completed 16 weeks of Marathon training (2 more to go!), AND lots and LOTS of baking...

So it only makes sense that I share a number of my favorite recipes from this past year (in no particular order).

New York Time's Chocolate Chip Cookies -- I made these so long ago that I forgot how AMAZING they are.  I remembered when Molly made them last week.  Crisp on the outside, soft on the inside and the perfect sweet-to-salty flavor.  **Note:  Add the sea salt as instructed in the recipe.  I made the rookie mistake of omitting it and its key. 

Cranberry Bliss Bars -- The most popular holiday cookie this year (and last) and they look festive too!

Lemon Drop Candy Cookies -- These were probably my favorite cookie of the year.  That may be a bold statement but this was my first time making these cookies and they are perfect.  Chewy, citrusy and perfect for summer.

Pumpkin and Cream Cheese Muffins -- My obsession with pumpkin was in full force this fall.  It was hard to pick a favorite but this was it (See my other fav below).


The BEST Brownies -- Everyone needs a go-to recipe for this classic treat - this is mine.

Sugar Crusted Ginger Chewies -- These will make it onto my Christmas cookie tray for years to come.  Also a family favorite.

Cakes Bites -- Thank you Bakerella!  You're genius.  I can't even tell you how many batches and variations I made this year.


Easy Coconut Cupcakes -- A fancy cupcake for a rookie baker or quick and easy to throw together if you're in a hurry!  The cream cheese frosting on top is also my FAVORITE frosting recipe.

Oat Snack Mix -- Once you start eating this, you won't be able to stop.  Great for tailgating, road trips, snacking or pretty much any occasion.

White Chocolate Coconut Blondies -- This recipe sold me on blondies.  
 

Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting and Caramelized Pecans -- A great recipe from my Mom.  I think it was made three times during the month of November alone.

Cucumber-Tomato Bruschetta in Phyllo Cups -- Light, refreshing, delicious and oh so simple!

Homemade Granola Bars -- I think I'll treat myself to these as I wrap up my marathon training.  Another recipe that I make over and over.  And it comes from Ina, so of course it is great.

Lime and Coconut Crumble Bars -- I can't believe I went 25 years without trying this recipe.  Another recommendation from Mom -- she knows a thing or two when it comes to baking :)

White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Cookies -- I suggest you make these ASAP.  

Stay tuned for Molly's favorites tomorrow!

1 comments:

  1. Have tried most of these and they're all my favorites too! Great year for Mag-Pies's & More!!!

    ReplyDelete

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger