The Best of 2010 - from Molly

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I cannot believe that it is 2011!  The past year flew by and a lot has happened...starting this blog, getting a Big Ten ring, graduating, a trip to Alaska, meeting a great guy, moving to the South, leaving the best friends ever and meeting great new people, starting grad school, getting a job, and training for a marathon.

Starting this blog has allowed me to try tons of new things in the kitchen and I have found quite a few new favorite recipes!  I had a lot of trouble deciding on my favorites but here they are:

Ricotta Pancakes with Honey Lemon Syrup - I figured I would start with breakfast since that's my favorite meal of the day (besides dessert that is).  These are awesome, enough said.

Maple Almond Granola - Thanks Lori!  I always have this in my pantry now; whenever I see the jar running low I make a new batch asap.

Cinnamon Raisin Pull-Apart Muffins - Delicious!  Just be sure to serve them warm...yummm, my mouth is watering just thinking about these.

Blackberry Breakfast Bars - I'm counting down the months until summer when berries are back in season.  I would eat these bars any time of day, not just breakfast; they're actually more like dessert.  Also, keep in mind that these are definitely best served the day of baking them.   

 Soft Garlic Knots - On to the dinner dishes!  I wish I could start every dinner with one of these.  Unfortunately I don't have the time and I don't think my hips would appreciate that.  However, these are definitely a go-to for any special occasion. 

Edamame and Asparagus Salad - a great side dish, hot or cold.

Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes - I am so glad I stumbled on this recipe again because I am going to make these in the very near future.  Can't wait for my sweet potato dinner!

Almond Stuffed Chicken - This is my favorite chicken recipe ever!

 Chocolate Peanut Butter Torte - And now for the heart of the blog...dessert!  I figured I would start off my favorite desserts with a bang.  This is the most rich and creamy dessert I have ever made, and it was worth every extra mile I had to run when I ate it!

Banana Ice Cream - Now onto a much healthier dessert, bananas.  This just might be the most overlooked recipe on the blog, but don't let this one-ingredient dessert fool you, it is delicious!  Make sure to serve it when you make it as it does not re-freeze too well.  But don't let that stop you from making it, I promise it is super easy and a no-fuss clean up!

Brownie Cookies - These are for all of you chocolate lovers out there!


Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes - Print out this recipe and go make these right now, I promise you won't regret it.

Buckeyes - An Ohio favorite that should probably be an everyone-in-the-world favorite!  Peanut butter and chocolate is easily one of my favorite combinations and these buckeyes are just that.

Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies - These cookies have been a favorite of mine long before we started this blog.  I still make them all the time and they never get old.

Banana Cupcakes with Honey-Cinnamon Frosting - This is my favorite cake recipe for cupcakes and I have tried a couple of different frostings with it; peanut butter and this honey-cinnamon, both are equally as amazing!

That's a wrap 2010!  Thanks for following our blog and we promise there will be plenty more great recipes to come in 2011.

2 comments:

  1. So many of these are my favorites too......great job with Mag-Pie's & More!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to have one of everything on your list. The edamame salad looks so fresh and healthy (and delicious). But the peanut butter chocolate torte looks out of this world. And so do the butterscotch oatmeal cookies. Those are my favorite. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger