Double Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Saturday, February 13, 2010


I have been making a variation of this cookie for as long as I can remember.  I started out using the basic Nestle Tollhouse recipe and over the past 10+ years, I have made it my own.  This is my "go-to" cookie because I have yet to meet anyone who doesn't love the combination of peanut butter and chocolate.  Therefore, it only makes sense that I feature this recipe in my first post! 

Double Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
source:  adapted from Nestle
Preparation - 15 min / Cooking - 9 min / Cooling Time - 15 min cooling
Yields - approximately 60

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy, your preference)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter chips (I used Reese's)

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 F.

Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add peanut butter and beat until incorporated.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture.  Stir in chips.  Cover and refrigerate dough for at least 2 hours.  (You will get thick, puffy cookies.)  Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

1 comments:

  1. Sometime try replacing your butter with butter- flavored Crisco, butter make cookies flatter, Crisco helps them stay thick

    ReplyDelete

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger