Edamame and Asparagus Salad

Wednesday, April 28, 2010


When I saw this "no-lettuce salad" recipe in Glamour magazine I immediately ripped it out.  It has been sitting on my desk for a couple of weeks and I finally got around to making it.  I wish I would have made it sooner though!  This will definitely be my new go-to afternoon snack.  It is great served warm or cold and is very light.  I did not have any Pecorino cheese on hand so I used some Romano that I had in my fridge and it worked perfectly.

 

Edamame and Asparagus Salad
Source: Glamour Magazine, May 2010 issue
Yields about 2 cups

Ingredients
1 cup asparagus, cut spears in thirds
1 cup edamame, shelled
2-3 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup pecorino cheese, shaved
salt and pepper

Directions
Put asparagus in pan of boiling salted water and boil for 2 to 3 minutes.  Drain and rinse under cold water.  Cook edamame according to package directions (buy frozen).  Place asparagus and edamame in a small salad bowl and add finely chopped fresh mint.  Pour on olive oil and add some salt and pepper.  Add pecorino cheese.  

3 comments:

  1. I have started putting asparagus in all my meals from burritos to stir fry. They are great and so healthy. I picked up a package of Seapoint Farms edamame and am looking forward to giving this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made this dish for a potluck and everyone loved it! It was super easy to make too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AMAZING! So good, and easy to make!

    ReplyDelete

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger