EAT Pray Love

Friday, August 13, 2010

In Elizabeth Gilbert's book, Eat Pray Love (oh how I love thee), Book One - Italy or "Say it Like You Eat It" or 36 Tales About the Pursuit of Pleasure - Gilbert discovers the pleasures of Rome; the joy of learning 10 Italian idioms a day; the amazing eyes of her language buddy, Giovanni; and the healing power of PIZZA.



I have yet to travel to Italy (it's on the Bucket List); however, I have discovered the healing power of pizza. For any Chicagoan I say, how can you not?? In the Windy City, you have literally hundreds of amazing pizza places, not to mention varities (stuffed, thin, pan, thick, New York, Chicago, etc.), to choose from. But, what brings me to Italy, and heals me every time, is a restaurant in the heart of Roscoe Village - Frasca Pizzeria & Wine Bar.

"Frasca," which translates to a type of neighborhood in Italy, is meant to provide a pleasant and informal gathering place for family & friends to share a meal, a bottle of wine and warm hospitality. Sounds divine, doesn't it? The wood-fired oven and low lighting add to the ambiance of Frasca, and the Italian-style pizza is the perfect mix of crispy and chewy. Their half-price wine & pizza nights make it even more irresistable...if that's possible.

If I can't pursue pleasure in Italy, I'll do just fine for now at my little frasca in Chicago and live vicariously through Julia Roberts in Eat Pray Love, the movie, this weekend :) What's your healing food?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger