Sweet and Spicy Roasted Nuts

Thursday, January 10, 2013


I've been posting sporadically once again!  However, I still love to share all of the delicious things I've been making.  I have a few recipes in my back-log from the holidays.  These sweet and spicy roasted nuts make a great appetizer for a gathering or a snack to keep around the house.  I included them in a little hostess-themed gift box that I made for Sarah for Christmas.  We love the sweet and spicy combo!
 
I've only baked a few times since Christmas.  For New Year's Day I made Soft Batch Cookies using whole wheat flour and white and dark chocolate chips, even with the whole wheat flour (its all I had!) they turned out amazing.  I also made a batch of clean-eating Applesauce Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (adpated from this recipe) -- no added sugar, coconut oil and no flour so you can feel a little better about eating these. 
 
 I've have actually been cooking quite a bit but the picture taking just hasn't been happening.  I'll work on making it happen because I have a few new great dinner ideas to share! 

Sweet and Spicy Roasted Nuts
Source:  What's Gaby Cooking

Ingredients
1 cup raw whole cashews
1 cup raw whole walnuts
1 cup raw whole almonds
1 cup raw pepitas
1 egg white
1 teaspoon water
½ cup white sugar
¼ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground chipotle pepper

Instructions
Preheat the oven to 350 ºF, line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper and set it aside.

Combine the cashews, walnuts, almonds and pepitas in a large bowl and toss to combine.

Whisk together the egg white, water, sugar, salt, cayenne pepper, chipotle chile and cinnamon.

Drizzle the wet mixture over the nuts and toss to combine, making sure they are evenly coated.

Transfer the nuts to the baking sheet and spread in an even layer.

Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and roast for 22-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Remove the nuts from the oven and separate the nuts as they cool. Once they are completely cooled, transfer the nuts to an airtight container and serve as needed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger