A Fall Gathering: Afternoon Baby Shower

Friday, October 22, 2010


I had the pleasure of helping a friend out with a baby shower this past weekend.  This was my first time creating a full menu and preparing everything from appetizers to desserts for a group of people.  I was so happy with the way everything turned out (and so honored that she asked me to help)!


The menu included the following:
Oat Snack Mix -- Everyone always seems to love this and I served it in cupcake liners so it would be easier to snack on.


Caprese Salad Bites with a Balsamic Reduction -- Such a pretty little appetizer.


Herb Goat Cheese Spread with Crackers -- This spread should be included every time I serve cheese and crackers.


Apple-Rosemary Blue Cheese Bites (not pictured)

Honey Yogurt Dip with Fresh Fruit -- I could eat this on its own (greek yogurt -- my fav) but a great dip to serve with fruit -- and only 3 ingredients!




Spinach Salad -- Year after year this salad seems to make an appearance at every family gathering -- Christmas, Thanksgiving, graduations, family reunions, you name it!

Chicken Salad with Cranberries and Walnuts -- A nice spin on chicken salad and nice and light -- just the way I like it.



Desserts included:
White Chocolate Cupcakes with Brown Sugar Frosting -- I thought these flavors seemed great for fall.  This is a denser cupcake so I'm glad I made them mini.  The idea for the chocolate "A" came from a friend -- love this idea!


Pumpkin Blondies -- These have been a hit with everyone who has tried them!


Cake Bites -- Chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting and white chocolate coating.


I will be sharing all of these recipes with you in the coming days and weeks.  If you have any preferences for which I post first, please let me know -- would love to hear from you :)

Side note:  Sarah and Molly are enjoying the weekend together in Charleston.  Wish I was there!!

5 comments:

  1. Everything turned out great!! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so good....wish I had been at the shower to taste it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally need the pumpkin blondies recipe ASAP!! they sound fantastic.. but then again everything looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I'm going to start spreading the word on your catering skills :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so proud of the Ryser girls !
    If you ever move back home, I will be your #1 customer ! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger