Pasta with Zucchini, Yellow Squash and Peppers

Tuesday, March 23, 2010


I was having a few friends over for dinner and was looking for a good (easy) pasta recipe to serve.  I knew what I wanted but couldn't seem to find a recipe that fit the bill.  This was sort of thrown together/based very loosely off of a few recipes I came across during my search.  I don't make pasta often but I thought it was delicious!  




Pasta with Zucchini, Yellow Squash and Peppers 

1 zucchini, sliced in half moons
1 yellow squash, sliced in half moons
1 red pepper, sliced
1 orange pepper, sliced
10 oz. cooked whole wheat penne
1 Tbs olive oil
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 c white wine
2/3 c heavy cream
2 Tbs lemon juice
1/2 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1/3 c fresh basil, thinly sliced
1/4 c fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 c green onions

Directions:
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, yellow, squash, peppers, salt, pepper, and garlic.  Saute for 2 minutes. Stir in wine. Allow to simmer until slightly thickened. Stir in cream and lemon juice; cook 1 minute. Add pasta and cheese; stir well to coat. Remove from heat; stir in basil, parsley, and green onion. 

1 comments:

  1. Maggie's friend3/23/2010 12:02 PM

    We were out of parmesan and substituted it with mozzerella - different consistency and bite than parmesan, but I thought it was muy delicioso!!

    ReplyDelete

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger