Chocolate Chip Cookie Raw Bars

Monday, February 18, 2013


If you're a fan of Larabars, I have a great recipe for you today!  I'm big on DIY recipes so when I saw a recipe for homemade Larabars, I knew I had to make them.  I don't know what it is but I just get a great sense of satisfaction knowing I made something from scratch.  My DIY list is growing....

various Nut Butters (Honey and Sea Salt Almond Butter & Maple Cinnamon Almond Butter to name a few)
LOADS of Granola

AND I just started a new list of baking projects that I can't wait to tackle (first up, bagels and doughnuts!). 


Chocolate Chip Cookie Raw Bars
Source:  adapted from Beard and Bonnet
Yields:  18 small bars

Ingredients
3/4 cup medjool dates, pits removed and quartered
1/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup raw pecans
1/3 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup raw almonds, to be added at the end (see directions)

Directions
In the bowl of your food processor, mix together the dates, raisins, 1/2 cup raw almods and 1/2 cup raw pecans. Process until the pieces are all uniform in size and a sticky dough has formed. Add the vanilla extract and process well until combined. Add 1/4 cup raw almonds and chocolate chips and pulse just until incorporated.

Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and pour the dough out onto it. Shape the dough into one large rectangular brick and refrigerate until firm, about 5-10 minutes. Slice the bar into 18 small rectangles (this is to mimic the shape of Larabars).  You can cut into larger squares if you'd like!  Keep in the refrigerator, in an airtight container, for a few weeks or up to a month in the freezer.

2 comments:

  1. Maggie....I just finished the last one of the batch that you sent me! They were SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look SO good and I love that they can be made vegan. What a great, healthy snack option!

    ReplyDelete

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger