Cider-Glazed Chicken

Wednesday, October 20, 2010


I am not a patient person when it comes to food.  When I am hungry, I need food right away; this often leads to me overdoing it on chips and hummus while I'm cooking my dinner and waiting for it to be finished.  By the time my dinner is finally ready, I am full (I still always end up eating it anyways)!  It also causes me to get cranky at restaurants if they don't bring out bread beforehand and I'm pretty sure I always give my mom a mild headache on road trips when I whine in the back seat saying I'm hungry (even though we probably just ate not too long ago).  Anyways, I will work on this problem of mine eventually; but for now, this is the perfect dinner to help me along!  This is fast and easy to make and it's full of Fall flavor!  I served up this apple cider flavored chicken on a bed of spinach drizzled with honey dressing alongside butternut squash with a cinnamon sauce.  I am already looking forward to my dinner the next three nights of the yummy leftovers in the fridge!  


Cider-Glazed Chicken
Source: Cooking Light Magazine, October 2010
Yields 4 servings

Ingredients
1 pound chicken breast cutlets (about 4 cutlets)
1 teaspoon butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup apple cider
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard

Directions
Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat.  Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.  Add chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done.  Remove from pan.  Add cider and mustard to pan, scraping pan to loosen brown bits; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until syrupy.  Add chicken to pan, turning to coat.  Remove from heat and serve.

2 comments:

  1. Very good and easy.....our Sunday night dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So yummy and super easy. It turned out so pretty I had to take a picture. It is going into the family receipe book. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger