Roasted Spaghetti Squash

Thursday, December 1, 2011


Thanksgiving always signals the end of Fall for me.  It went by way too fast and I don't even know where the month of November went.  I never seem to miss Fall because I love the transition into winter with the preparation for Christmas!  However, this year I will miss the spaghetti squash.

This became my go-to dinner over the past few months.  I just couldn't get enough.  Although this is hardly a recipe, I just wanted to share it with you to give it the attention it deserves.

Roasted Spaghetti Squash
Yields:  2-4 servings (depending on size of squash)

Ingredients
1 (3- to 5-pound) spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded 
1 tablespoon olive oil 
Salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan, optional

Directions
Preheat oven to 375°F.  Grease a sheet pan.  I like to line with foil first to make for easier clean-up! 

Cut squash in half.  Remove seeds and flesh to hollow out squash.

Arrange squash on baking sheet, hollow sides down, and roast until rind gives easily when pressed and flesh is just tender, 35 to 45 minutes. (Be careful not to overcook squash since it will become too soft and soggy.) Transfer squash to a large plate, hollow sides up, and set aside until cool enough to handle. 

Using a fork, scrape squash out of rinds and transfer to a large bowl. Add olive oil, salt, pepper and parmesan and toss gently. Serve immediately.







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger