Cake Pops

Friday, January 27, 2012


I want to start by sending sweet birthday wishes to my Mom.  Happy Birthday!!

Although I didn't make these cake pops for her, they do make a great birthday treat.  I made these a while back as favors for a baby shower.  I know cake pops are everywhere right now but I love the trend.  I think they are just too cute!

This time around, I used a chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting and white chocolate almond bark.  However, the flavor options are endless.  I've used carrot cake, red velvet, coconut and double chocolate.  They are all great!


Cake Pops
Source:  inspired by Bakerella
Yields:  approximately 45-50 cake pops

Ingredients
1 box chocolate cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
1 can cream cheese frosting (16 ounces)
1 package almond bark (chocolate or white chocolate)
Sprinkles for decorating
Lollipop sticks (approximately 50)
Parchment paper

1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
2. Mix thoroughly with cream cheese frosting.
3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on parchment-lined cookie sheet.
4. Insert a lollipop stick into each cake ball. 
Note:  I think its helpful to melt one square of almond bark and dip the tip of each lollipop stick in the melted almond bark before inserting into the cake ball.  This helps the lollipop sticks stay put later in the dipping process.
5. Chill for several hours. (You can speed this up by putting in the freezer.)
6. Melt almond bark in microwave as directed on the package.
7. Dip pops in chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm. (Use a spoon to help dip in chocolate and then tap off extra.)  If you prefer that your cake pops stand upright, stick the pops in a styrofoam block to dry.

Helpful hint:  Melt a few pieces of chocolate bark at a time because it starts to cool and thicken. It’s easier to work with when it’s hot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger