Mom's Know Best!

Thursday, May 10, 2012

In honor of a very special holiday this Sunday, I thought I'd share a few of our favorite recipes that we got from our Mom.  Enjoy and Happy Mother's Day to all!

Perhaps you should make this for your Mother's Day brunch this weekend!  When I think of Christmas traditions -- I actually think of this egg casserole.  It continues to make the menu every.single.year. and I hope that never changes.

These treats made it into just about every care package that my mom sent to me in college -- so often that one friend started calling them "Ryser" bars.  They are my absolute favorite.
No explanation needed...

These will always remind me of my mom baking in our kitchen.  I don't know why but I can even remember the smell of them walking in the door after school... so good!

Best served with fresh shrimp while vacationing in South Carolina :)

Mom discovered the recipe at a gathering with friends and now I get to share with my friends.  Its my go to appetizer.

This will be made every Thanksgiving going forward.  My mom made it this past year and I generally hate cranberry sauce -- but this stuff is just downright tasty.

A summer staple -- I can't wait for blueberry season!  

A family tradition for many, many moons.

1 comments:

  1. So many wonderful memories looking at these recipes! I am so blessed to have Molly, Maggie & Sarah as my daughter's.......love you SO much!

    ReplyDelete

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger