Almond Butter Granola

Monday, May 14, 2012



Check out those clusters!!  Whenever I open a bag of store bought granola, I pick out all of the clusters because they are definitely the best part.  I'm always disappointed when I can't create those clusters with my homemade granola recipe... until now.

I kind of just threw this combination together and the results were perfect.  The taste is nutty and not-too-sweet and the texture is super crunchy.  I even got to use my homemade Honey and Sea Salt Almond Butter.


Almond Butter Granola
Yields:  4 cups (sixteen 1/4 cup servings)

Ingredients
2 cups rolled oats (not quick cooking)
1/4 cup raw almonds, chopped
1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
2 tablespoons flax seed meal
2 tablespoons almond meal
1/2 cup almond butter 
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon brown sugar
Pinch of salt

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a large bowl, combine oats, chopped almonds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, flax seed meal and almond meal.  Soften almond butter in microwave for 15-30 seconds.  In a small bowl, combine melted almond butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, brown sugar and salt.  Pour almond butter mixture over oat mixture and mix well.  I actually found it easiest to combine using my hands and the result was nice big granola clusters.

Spread evenly over parchment lined baking sheet.  Bake for 10-15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, until golden brown (watching closely at the end so granola doesn't burn!!).  Allow granola to cool before storing in airtight container.

1 comments:

  1. These look great! I'll try this tomorrow. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger