Oat Snack Mix

Tuesday, August 7, 2012


I mentioned yesterday that I've been revisiting a lot of my old favorite recipes.  I make this Oat Snack Mix ALL the time.  Since it was originally posted 2+ years ago, in my very first week of blogging, I thought I'd share it again!  Its the perfect snack to bring to any occasion and everyone loves it!  You can mix it up with various cereals and mix-ins.



Oat Snack Mix
Prep Time: 10 Min / Cook Time:  45 Min / Ready In:  55 Min
Servings:  6 

Ingredients
1/2 cup unsalted butter 
1/3 cup honey 
1/4 cup packed brown sugar 
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 
1/2 teaspoon salt 
3 cups square oat cereal 
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats 
1 cup chopped walnuts 
1/2 cup dried cranberries 
1/2 cup chocolate-covered raisins 

Directions
In a saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients; heat until the butter is melted. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. 

In a large bowl, combine cereal, oats and nuts. Drizzle with butter mixture and mix well. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 275 degrees F for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cranberries and chocolate-covered raisins. Store in an airtight container. 

1 comments:

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger