Chocolate Chip, Pistachio & Cranberry Cookies

Monday, October 15, 2012


Its been quite a while since my last post.  Its not that I haven't been baking, I just haven't been focusing on the blog.  I've actually been baking quite a bit!  Since I know I still have a few followers checking back for updates, I decided I'd share some of the goodies that I've been making.  Also, thank you to Julie for sharing my pumpkin blondies with her readers in her post today!

Now about these cookies.  The flavor combination of nuts, dried fruit and chocolate is spot on and the sprinkling of sea salt on top is the perfect final touch!  I have made more batches than I can count and they have become one of my favorite cookies. 


Chocolate Chip, Pistachio and Cranberry Cookies
Time: 20 minutes for mixing, 24 hours for chilling; 12-15 minutes for baking 
Yields:  approximately 3 dozen cookies

Ingredients
2 cups minus 2 tablespoons (8 1/2 ounces) cake flour
1 2/3 cups (8 1/2 ounces) bread flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
2 1/2 sticks (1 1/4 cups) unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups (10 ounces) light brown sugar
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (8 ounces) granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons natural vanilla extract
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup unsalted pistachio nutmeats (or shelled pistachios; I buy mine at Trader Joe's!)
3/4 cup dried cranberries
Sea salt

Directions
1. Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Set aside.

2. Using a mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars together until very light, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla. Reduce speed to low, add dry ingredients and mix until just combined, 5 to 10 seconds.  Add chocolate chips, nuts and dried cranberries and gently incorporate them into the dough. Press plastic wrap against dough and refrigerate for 24 to 36 hours. Dough may be used in batches, and can be refrigerated for up to 72 hours.

3. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat. Set aside.

4. Roll mounds of dough (approximately the size of golf balls) and place on baking sheet, at least 2 inches apart.  Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and bake until golden brown but still soft, 12-15 minutes. Transfer sheet to a wire rack for 10 minutes, then slip cookies onto another rack to cool a bit more. Repeat with remaining dough, or reserve dough, refrigerated, for baking remaining batches the next day.

Source: adapted from NY Times Chocolate Chip Cookies

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger