Blondies

Thursday, March 7, 2013

 
The blondie is so unassuming. It might be a bold statement but this might be my favorite recipe -- I actually pride myself on it. In fact, if I were to go into business right now, blondies would be my specialty. I've made several variations to the base but the original version is still my favorite -- a chewy bar studded with white AND dark chocolate with sweetened coconut tossed in for good measure. I made these for the bake sale that I hosted a few weeks ago and these were a huge hit.
 
I've shared this recipe before but I feel the need to share it again because I don't think they got the credit they deserved the first time around! My photography skills are slowly beginning to improve so I thought I'd update the pictures too :)



Blondies
Yields: Makes about 24 squares
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes plus cooling time

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 large eggs
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cups white chocolate chips
1 cup toasted coconut

Directions
Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 by 13-inch cake pan with foil, then coat lightly with vegetable oil spray. Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl and set aside.

Whisk the brown sugar and butter together in a medium bowl until combined. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla until incorporated. Stir in the flour mixture until no streaks remain. Stir in the chips and cooled toasted coconut.

Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake until just golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few crumbs attached, 20 to 25 minutes.

Let cool completely on a wire rack to room temperature, about 2 hours, before removing the bars from the pan using the foil and cutting into squares.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger