Carrot Cake Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling

Thursday, June 6, 2013


I have been MIA for quite some time and I can assure you that my posts will be very sporadic over the next month.  I will try to be in touch as much as possible but there is lots going on over here! While I should be packing and planning for a cross country move to Colorado on July 1st...

Most of my free time over the past month has been spent baking.  I have turned out dozens upon dozens upon dozens of cookies, bars and other treats all to raise money for the American Cancer Society and Hood to Coast Relay.  The support from friends, family and people I've never even met has been truly overwhelming. Thanks to y'all, I've raised $3,000+ and baked 75+ dozen goodies.  Amazing!!!  

I've also been busy planning Molly's bridal shower.  I can't believe the littlest sis is getting MARRIED!!  We'll be having the most perfect little Southern Brunch this Sunday to celebrate the bride-to-be.  I can't WAIT to share the details next week!!  


Oh and about these muffins, since we'll be having a gourmet brunch this weekend, I wanted to be sure you had something to make for yourself TOO!  These muffins are not a new recipe but they've recently made a comeback in our household.  Any excuse to incorporate dessert in breakfast is fine by me... Enjoy!



Carrot Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling
Source: The Delicious Life

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
2/3 cups vegetable oil
1 1/2 cup shredded carrots
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup raisins
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 egg yolk
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.  Line 20 muffin tins with liners and set aside.

Sift together all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.

In a separate bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vegetable oil until lightened. Stir in shredded carrots, chopped walnuts, and raisins that have been soaked for 10 minutes in hot water (or warmed rum, if you’d like).

In another bowl, cream softened cream cheese with egg yolk, sugar, and vanilla.

Fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Stir until just combined. Fill muffin cups about ¾ full. Plop about 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese filling on top of the batter in each muffin cup.

Bake about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake part comes out clean.

Yields:  20 muffins (regular size)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger