Cilantro Chicken Salad

Wednesday, July 27, 2011


As I mentioned recently, I have been loving Gina's Skinny Recipes.  I just can't get enough.  Over the weekend, Gina's site came up during a conversation with friends (naturally) and this chicken salad was mentioned.  Thank goodness for friends with good suggestions -- this recipe is great.  I am a huge fan of cilantro so this is my kind of chicken salad.

If you like spice (I do!), then I suggest the addition of a jalapeno pepper (noted below).  I also added a red pepper and used fat-free sour cream in place of the light mayo.  


Cilantro Chicken Salad
Yields:  2 servings
Source:  Gina's Skinny Recipe

Ingredients
7 ounces cooked chicken breast, shredded or diced
2 tablespoons fat free sour cream (or light mayonnaise)
1 small scallion, chopped
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1/2 jalapeno pepper, chopped (don't add seeds!... unless you really like spice)
2 teaspoons lime juice
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
salt and pepper, to taste
pinch garlic powder
pinch of cumin
pinch of chile powder
fat-free chicken broth (if needed)

Directions
Combine chicken, sour cream, scallions, red pepper, jalapeno pepper, lime juice, and cilantro. Season to taste with salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin, and chile powder.  Add a little chicken broth if chicken seams too dry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger