Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies

Thursday, April 1, 2010


These have been my all-time favorite cookies for as long as I can remember.  It is rare that I get a full 48 cookies out of this recipe because I end up eating quite a bit of the batter when I make these!  After making this recipe so many times I have made a couple changes and I think it is perfected now.  I use a whole teaspoon of cinnamon rather than just a half.  Also, I add a couple extra tablespoons of flour so the cookies rise better.  I know that if you make these cookies they will become a favorite of yours too!  Enjoy :)


Oatmeal Scotchies
Yields approximately 48 cookies (4 dozen)

Ingredients
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
1 2/3 cups (11 ounce package) Nestle Toll House Butterscotch Flavored Morsels

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in small bowl.  Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl.  Gradually beat in flour mixture.  Stir in oats and morsels.  Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
***I always cover my baking sheets with parchment paper because these cookies tend to stick a lot.  

Bake for 7 to 8 minutes for chewy cookies or 9 to 10 minutes for crisp cookies.  Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger