White Chocolate Coconut Blondies

Wednesday, April 7, 2010


More coconut! I found a recipe for white chocolate blondies with dried cherries but I wanted to switch them up because I had coconut on hand. I actually think this is my first time making blondies but I will be making them again very soon because these turned out delicious!

My ONLY issue was that I didn't think I was left with enough glaze to top the bars (I also forgot to add the oil to the white chocolate).  Next time, I would use a little more white chocolate AND probably top with a little toasted coconut.



White Chocolate-Coconut Blondies
Source:  adapted from "Pillsbury Fun Summer Recipes" (2007)

Prep Time: 30 minutes
Yields: 36 blondies

Ingredients
2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
12 ounces white chocolate baking bars, cut into chunks
1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
1 cup shredded coconut
1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil 

Directions
1. Heat oven to 350 F degrees.  Grease or spray 13x9-inch pan.  In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, butter, vanilla, almond extract and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.

2. On low speed, beat in flour, baking powder and salt until well blended.  Set aside 1/4 cup of white chocolate bar chunks.  Stir in remaining chunks, macadamia nuts and coconut.  Spread batter evenly in pan.]

3. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until top is golden brown and set.  Cool completely, about 1 hour.

4. In small bowl microwavable bowl, microwave reserved white chocolate and oil uncovered 30 to 60 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted, stir well.  Drizzle glaze over bars.  Let stand until glaze is set, about 3 hours (I let the bars sit overnight).  Cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.

1 comments:

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger