Apple, Brie and Honey Quesadilla

Thursday, September 30, 2010


I love sweet and savory and I love quesadillas -- and that is why I love this recipe.  I saw a recipe for Pear, Brie and Honey Quesadillas on Two Peas and their Pod and decided to switch up the pears for apples because fall is here and I can't stop buying Honeycrisp apples.


I didn't use a lot of cheese because I was trying to have a healthy dinner but I didn't miss it with the combination of the apples, red onion, honey and rosemary.  I just didn't get the cheesy quesadilla effect.  One more tip -- next time, I will saute the apples and onions first to soften them up.

Apple, Brie and Honey Quesadilla
Source: adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod
2 Servings

Ingredients:

2 8 inch flour tortillas
2 ounces Brie, sliced into long 1/4-inch slices, rind removed
1 Bosc pear, thinly sliced
4-6 red onion slices
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary

1. Heat a 10-inch nonstick saute pan over medium-high heat. Place 1 tortilla in the dry pan. Evenly arrange the brie slices over the flour tortilla. Next, add the pear and red onion slices. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with fresh rosemary. Place the other tortilla on top. Heat for about 3 minutes and then flip. Heat for another three minutes or until the cheese is melted.

2. Remove from pan and cut into wedges. Serve warm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger