Apple Pie Greek Yogurt Parfait

Friday, October 1, 2010


I went from hating greek yogurt to becoming obsessed.  I actually ate it twice today -- for breakfast and lunch.  I've come to realize it can be so versatile -- used as a base for a dip or play a key role in baked goodies.  I tend to eat it plain and simple -- or sometimes I throw in some fruit or oats.  However, today I was inspired by one of my favorite fall treats -- Apple Pie.  Actually, I take that back -- I was inspired by How Sweet It Is, where she whipped up Apple Pie in a glass with greek yogurt in the mix.

Layer...

Layer some more...

A nice little treat to start the day!

Apple Pie Greek Yogurt Parfait
Source:  inspired by How Sweet It Is
1 Serving


1 serving Chobani vanilla greek yogurt (my fav)
1/2 large honeycrisp apple, chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon graham cracker crumbs
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 pinches of nutmeg
pinch of all-spice

Sprinkle the chopped apples with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg. Microwave (or roast/caramelize) for 60 seconds until apples are soft and sweet.

In a small bowl, combine yogurt, vanilla and spices.  In a bowl or glass, layer yogurt, then apples, more yogurt, more apples, etc.  I added a few (about a teaspoon) rolled oats in between each layer.

Top with graham cracker crumbs and enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger