Snickerdoodle Blondies

Monday, February 7, 2011


I love snickerdoodles and I love blondies.  A combination of both - what could be better?  I actually made these when I was snowed in during the "Blizzard of the Century" in Chicago last week.  I felt trapped in my little apartment and I had to find something to do to keep myself occupied, while "working" from home.  You would think that would mean bake all day.  WRONG.  I only had two eggs, flour, sugar and not much else -- and I wasn't about to venture outside.  Luckily I had all of the ingredients for this recipe.  Thanks Brown Eyed Baker for sharing!

Oh, and I brought these to work and everyone raved... they were gone by 11:00am.

Snickerdoodle Blondies
Source:  Brown Eyed Baker
Yield: 24 blondies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 25 to 30 minutes

Ingredients
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking pan; set aside.

2. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a medium bowl; set aside.

3. Beat together the butter and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, and then the vanilla. Beat, scraping the bowl, until thoroughly combined. On low speed, gradually add the flour mixture until just combined. Give the dough a final stir with a spatula or wooden spoon to make sure the flour is incorporated.  The batter will be thick.

4. Spread the dough evenly into the pan. Combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter.

5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool completely before cutting. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.

1 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe! I tried them out and they turned out delicious, always have to get my cinnamon fix! http://www.alexbutts.com/2011/03/cinna-coma.html

    ReplyDelete

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger