Cinnamon Chip Pumpkin Bread

Wednesday, January 12, 2011


I had the urge to bake this past weekend but had no desire to go to the grocery store, so I decided to get creative with what I already had in my pantry.  I came across a can of pumpkin and cinnamon chips and thought that combination sounded delicious...and it was!

This recipe has a bit of a healthy twist; it's made with part whole wheat flour and it uses oil rather than butter or shortening.  It does not lack in deliciousness though!


 Cinnamon Chip Pumpkin Bread

Source: adapted from Nutrition Nut on the Run
Yields one 9x5-inch loaf

Ingredients
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup canola oil
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2/3 cup cinnamon chips

Directions
In a large bowl mix together flours, spices, baking powder, and salt.  In a another bowl, whisk together sugar, pumpkin, oil, water, vanilla, and eggs.  Combine dry ingredients with the pumpkin mixture.  Stir in chocolate chips. Spread evenly into a greased 9x5-inch loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Amy @ allhailhoneybees1/13/2011 1:43 AM

    This looks divine! I have never really thought to mix cinnamon with pumpkin but I will definitely try this, thank you for the idea. Do you serve this as a desert or just a snack?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy - I had this bread as a snack but I'm sure it would satisfy your sweet tooth for dessert as well!

    ReplyDelete

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger