Corn, Edamame & Black Bean Salad

Monday, April 4, 2011


It was unseasonably warm yesterday in Chicago and although I still see a number of chilly days in my future, it is definitely starting to feel like Spring.  In honor of the warmer temps, I threw together this salad which I bookmarked ages ago.  I don't know why I waited so long to make it.  It was so simple and turned out to be delicious.  This salad will definitely be in my lunch rotation over the next few months -- especially when I can use fresh corn from the farmers market!


Corn, Edamame & Black Bean Salad
Source:  adapted from Fresh365

Ingredients
15 ounce can whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed (OR kernels from 2 ears cooked fresh corn)
1 1/2 cups shelled edamame, edible portion
15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
pinch cayenne pepper

Directions
In a large bowl, combine corn, black beans, edamame, cranberries, onion and cilantro. Add olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and cayenne. Toss to combine.

1 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds great...can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger