Chili Roasted Salmon with Cilantro Cream

Thursday, August 11, 2011


Most nights after work -- my dinner comes together in less than 10 minutes.  This happens for a few reasons.  I'm normally starving when I get home from work so I just don't have the patience to slave away.  AND I think most would agree that cooking with or for someone else is so much more enjoyable!  On occasion, I go all out.. and by all out, I mean I spend 20 minutes on dinner instead of 10.

That's right -- this salmon came together in 20 minutes!  I was all over this recipe when I found it -- it includes most of my favorite flavors and its super healthy.  You may notice that although we love our desserts, when it comes to cooking, we like to keep things relatively healthy.  

A few notes... if I had a grill, I would have used that to cook the salmon.  Its summer, use fresh corn!  If you like spice, add a jalapeno pepper to the corn mixture.  This recipe would be a great base for other proteins -- chicken or shrimp would be great.  Lastly, you could create delicious tacos by simply filling a tortilla with all of this good stuff -- I wish I had thought of that prior to inhaling.


Chili Roasted Salmon with Cilantro Cream
Source:  Fitness Magazine
Yields: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes / Cook time: 10 minutes

Ingredients
Nonstick cooking spray
4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
4 garlic cloves, smashed
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
3 teaspoons olive oil
4 5-ounce skinless salmon fillets
1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed (summer is a great time to use fresh!)
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 poblano pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
Salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup light sour cream
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Mist 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray. In a small baking dish, mix together 2 tablespoons lime juice with garlic, chili powder, cumin, and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add salmon and turn to coat; let sit while you prepare the corn mixture.

2. In a medium bowl, toss corn, bell pepper, poblano pepper, and onion with remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil. Transfer corn mixture to one of the baking sheets; spread into a single layer.

3. Remove salmon from marinade and arrange on second baking sheet. Drizzle corn mixture with remaining salmon marinade. Season salmon and corn with salt and black pepper to taste and roast 8 to 10 minutes, until fish is just cooked through and vegetables are tender.

4. Mix together sour cream, cilantro, and remaining lime juice. Season with salt to taste.  Plate salmon and spoon corn on top. Drizzle cream over fish and corn mixture.

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger