Maple Cinnamon Almond Butter

Monday, January 23, 2012


I keep a very lengthy list of recipes that I just never seem to get around to making.  Homemade nut butter has been on my list for, ohhh, about a year and a half.  Guess what?  In the past week, I have made TWO batches of almond butter.  

Unfortunately, the first batch didn't last long.  There was a little kitchen mishap -- I dropped my glass jar full of CHOCOLATE COCONUT ALMOND BUTTER on my tile floor.  Shattered everywhere.  I almost cried because it was the most delicious almond butter I have ever tasted.  I will be making it again very soon, but until then, I'll be enjoying this batch of maple cinnamon almond butter.  

Sometimes I eat it with a banana, or perhaps an apple, but mostly straight from the jar.


Maple Cinnamon Almond Butter
Source:  Texanerin Baking

Ingredients
2 cups raw almonds
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 teaspoons cinnamon
pinch of salt

Directions
Preheat oven to 325 F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Combine maple syrup and raw almonds, stirring to coat.  Pour the maple-coated almonds on the parchment lined baking sheet.

Roast the almonds for 12-15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.  Make sure not to burn the almonds!  Remove the pan from the oven and cool for about 10 minutes.

Put the almonds in the food processor and process for 8-10 minutes until creamy.  Stop every few minutes to scrape the sides of the bowl.  Note:  It could take a little longer depending on the power of your food processor.  

Add the vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt and process for a few more seconds until combined.

**Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

1 comments:

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger