Toffee "Cookie Butter" Cookies

Thursday, July 19, 2012


Have you all tried Trader Joe's Cookie Butter?  I had heard rave reviews about this stuff.  It is described as a "deliciously unusual spread reminiscent of gingerbread and made with crushed biscuits". I'll clarify for you -- you know those amazing little biscuit cookies you get on Delta flights (aka Biscoff cookies)?  This spread tastes exactly like it.


My thoughts on "Cookie Butter" -- the flavor is amazing.  I love gingerbread.  I had a problem with the texture -- it was almost too smooth for me.  When I first dug in, I was comparing it to peanut butter (which I prefer crunchy).  Since I did love the flavor, I decided it would be perfect in a cookie.  A cookie with toffee bits.  

I was right so right.  Cookie Butter + Toffee Bits = Perfection.


Toffee "Cookie Butter" Cookies
Yields:  4 dozen cookies (48 cookies)

Ingredients
1 cup + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
1/2 cup Trader Joe's Cookie Butter (or Biscoff spread)
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 ounces (1 bag) Heath Bits 'O Brickle Toffee Bits

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. 

Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in small bowl.  Set aside.  Beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy (approximately 2 minutes). Add Cookie Butter and beat until incorporated.  Add egg and vanilla extract, beating well.  Gradually beat in flour mixture until just combined.  Stir in toffee chips.  Cover and refrigerate dough for at least 2 hours.  Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. 

Bake for 9 to 10 minutes (or until edges just begin to turn golden brown;  tops of cookies won't look done).  Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger