Crispy Roasted Chickpeas

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

I don't have an earth shattering recipe to share with you today -- just a simple and healthy snack! Although I make a lot of sweet treats, I balance all of my baking with a pretty healthy lifestyle -- yoga, running and clean eating. Since I am a frequent snacker, I'm always looking for new options. I love, love, love chickpeas so these have been making it into the rotation. Enjoy them sweet or savory -- they can be seasoned just about any way you'd like.



Crispy Roasted Chickpeas
Yields: 1 1/2 cups

Ingredients
1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, drained, rinsed and pat dry
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon seasoning of choice (cinnamon, cumin, chili powder, nutmeg, etc.)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon honey, optional if you want to sweeten them up a bit!

Directions
Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.

Drain chickpeas and rinse well. Pat dry with a towel and add to medium bowl. Add coconut oil, seasonings and sea salt and stir gently until chickpeas are evenly coated. Pour chickpeas onto prepared baking sheet.

Roast for 30 minutes or until golden and crisp (but not burnt!).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger