Simple Slow Cooker Curry Lentils

Thursday, March 21, 2013

 
Its the second day of Spring and it still feels like winter in Columbus.  I'm still enjoying warm, comfort foods, wearing cozy sweaters and my winter coat AND I've used my slow cooker twice in the past week!  Since I don't see it warming up anytime soon, I thought I'd share this recipe with you.  Its simple, healthy and flavor-packed. 


Simple Slow Cooker Curry Lentils
Yields: 4-6 servings
Source:  adapted from Cate's World Kitchen

Ingredients
1 yellow onion, diced
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup chopped spinach (you can use frozen)
1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
2 cups dry lentils
4 cups vegetable broth
1 tablespoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

Directions
Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on high for 3-4 hours until the liquid is absorbed and the lentils are cooked through. Serve hot as soup, over rice OR over a bed of spinach.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger