Easy Sugar Cookies

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

This was my attempt at a festive dessert for the weekend.  I was short on time and didn't have time to get to the grocery store.  I know I had all of the ingredients for sugar cookies so that was my only option.  I tried to be patriotic by using red and blue decorative sugars but the sugar faded to bright pink.  Regardless, these sugar cookies are great -- actually one of the better sugar cookies I have ever made.


I also made white chocolate covered pretzels sprinkled with decorative sugars.





Easy Sugar Cookies
Source: allrecipes.com
Yield 4 dozen

Ingredients
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Decorative Sugars (I found mine at Williams-Sonoma)

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls (and roll in decorative sugars if desired), and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger