White Chocolate and Pretzel Peanut Butter Cookies with Sea Salt

Wednesday, March 23, 2011


Apparently I like to torture myself...


I chose to make these cookies (with the most amazing combination of ingredients I could ever think of) during Lent.  Did I mention I gave up sweets for Lent?  I couldn't taste.  A.  Single.  Bite.  At least I can say I practiced the most remarkable self-control ever.   I can vouch for the fact that they smelled amazing and the lucky recipients of these cookies said they were delicious.




White Chocolate and Pretzel Peanut Butter Cookies with Sea Salt
Source:  Picky Palate
Yields:  3 dozen

Ingredients
1 stick softened butter (8 tablespoons)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup white chocolate chips, to melt
1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter (reserve 2 tablespoons to add to melting white chips)
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup broken pretzel pieces
1 cup additional white chocolate chips

Directions
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.  Melt white chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons peanut butter over a double boiler until melted.  Add melted chocolate chips  and remaining peanut butter to beaten butter and sugars.  Beat in egg and vanilla.

2.  Place flour, baking soda and salt in bowl; mix to combine.  Add to wet ingredients until just combined then pour in pretzels and additional white chocolate chips.  

3.  With a cookie scoop, scoop dough onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.  With the palms of your hand, gently press down each cookie to about 1/2 inch in thickness.  Sprinkle each cookie with a touch of sea salt.   

4.  Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges become golden and slightly crisp.  Let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet before removing.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, yes they were... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm drooling on my keyboard. I gave up chocolate for lent..but I don't think white chocolate counts. Have any leftovers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. not kidding, one of the best cookies i've ever had! next time i will add more pretzels and salt. i know, make them even healthier right!

    ReplyDelete

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger