Tzatziki

Tuesday, June 7, 2011


I came to love tzatziki during my trip to Greece while studying abroad.  Since then, I make sure it accompanies my meal whenever I dine at my favorite Greek or Middle Eastern restaurants in Chicago (more specifically, Athenian Room in Lincoln Park and Old Jerusalem in Old Town).

In an effort to make more meals at home, I decided to give it a shot.  It is so simple and went great with my Greek Portabella Burger, which I'll be sharing later this week.  I ate the leftovers with chopped veggies for lunch.  If you keep Greek yogurt in stock like I do, you probably have all of the ingredients you need to throw this together.  Enjoy!


Tzatziki
Source:  Annie's Eats

Ingredients
16 ounces plain Greek yogurt
1 cucumber, peeled and seeded
2-3 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
Salt and pepper
Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
Extra virgin olive oil

Directions: 
Shred the cucumber.  Wrap in a towel a squeeze to remove as much water as possible.

Mix together the Greek yogurt, shredded cucumber, garlic, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper to taste, and lemon juice.  Drizzle lightly with olive oil.  Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld.  Stir before serving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger