Nutty Coconut Granola

Wednesday, July 20, 2011


Granola is one of my favorite foods -- definitely in my top 10.  It is one of those things I don't buy at the store because making it at home is 100 times better.  This nutty coconut granola is everything I want and more -- it makes every morning bowl of greek yogurt a special treat!


If you're looking for a different variety, perhaps you'd like our Chocolate Granola (dark chocolate... its healthy, I promise), this lighter Maple Almond Granola or this fall-inspired Pumpkin Spice Granola (dare I say, I'm looking forward to Fall and making this after these scorching temps in Chicago!).



Nutty Coconut Granola
Source: Adapted from Bon Appétit, originally from The Fly Trap, Ferndale, MI
Yields:  8 cups

Ingredients
3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
4 cups old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup raw pecan halves
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup unsalted butter

Directions
Preheat oven to 325 F.  Combine coconut, oats, nuts and seeds in a large bowl.  Set aside.

In a small saucepan, combine the oil, honey, brown sugar, water and butter; heat over medium heat until the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolved.

Drizzle butter mixture over the oat and nut mixture and mix well. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.  Bake, uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool before storing in an airtight container.

1 comments:

  1. I am a huge fan of granola, it's like a great little dessert for breakfast. This sounds so tasty too, I'll definitely have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete

Mag-Pie's & more All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger